Monday, October 10, 2011

Meatless Monday: Cookies Everyone Can Eat (Sugar-free, Vegan, Gluten-Free)

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.  Each week I share meatless recipes I've tried from cookbooks and online.  You can see past Meatless Monday posts by clicking here.


Soooo . . . . I realize that cookies aren't usually made with meat, but sadly, this is the only new and interesting recipe I tried last week.  I made these Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the Spoonful of Sugar Free blog for a gathering of pals who have a range of dietary restrictions.  They're sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and if you eliminate the layer of peanut butter cream, nut-free.

The ladies I made them for seemed to like them. Honestly, the unsweetened chocolate was a bit strong for my taste.  If I make them again, I'll use much bigger bananas so that the cookies will be moister, and have more banana flavor.

***************************************

What yummy meatless dishes did you make last week, or do you want to make this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact