Monday, June 13, 2011

Meatless Monday: Chopped Salads (Yum, Yum!)

 Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns.  Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.

Ever since my friend Gabriela came to visit last summer, and made the most delicious chopped salad EVER, I've been on the search for a good recipe. I finally found one.

As I mentioned on Friday, I took Jamie Oliver's book, Jamie's Food Revolution, out from the library last week, and am trying some of the recipes.  I started with his "Everyday Green Chopped Salad," which was delish.  It's perfect to make with whatever is in season at the farmers market, or with leftover veggies in your fridge.

You can print the recipe off of Oprah.com, or watch a video of Jamie making it below.  I didn't include sprouts in mine 'cause of the recent food safety issues, which is a real drag.  I love sprouts.  If you're vegan, you could replace the cheese with a vegan cheese alternative, or with seeds and nuts.

What are  your favorite chopped salad recipes?


Bookmark and Share




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact