Wednesday, October 01, 2008

How to Be a Maverick Activist, Seane Corn and Common Ground

I was recently quoted in a Common Ground article that I thought you might enjoy, Maverick 101 by E.B. Boyd. Boyd asked changemakers like Matt Flannery of Kiva.org, Brent Schulkin of CarrotMob, Cristi Hegranes of the Press Institute for Women in the Developing World, Emily Pilloton of Project H Design, and many more about how they turned their big visions into reality.

The cover story, Seva the Planet, is about my favorite yoga activist, Seane Corn, who co-founded Off the Mat, Into the World. I recently listened to a fantastic interview with Corn on Krista Tippett's Speaking of Faith podcast, which I highly recommend. The episode's show notes includes a transcript of the interview, videos of Corn doing yoga and an unedited version of the podcast.

You can read the Common Ground articles online, or find a free printed copy of the magazine in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Los Angeles or Seattle.

Additional Note: I just realized that the magazine has different names in different cities:

San Francisco Bay Area: Common Ground
Chicago: Conscious Choice
Los Angeles: Whole Life Times
Seattle: Conscious Choice






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact