Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Do Good Film Company



While working on a post for blogher this morning, I came across information about a do good film company that I wanted to share. Nedra Kline Weinrich's social marketing blog, Spare Change, has all kinds of interesting links, including one to Participate.net, the complementary action campaign and community building site for the film company, Participant Productions. Participant Productions was started by former eBay President, Jeff Skoll, who also started the Skoll Foundation (The Skoll Foundation helped to produce that PBS series I love so much, The New Heroes). All of the films that Participant Productions produces have a social action campaign component. Check out some of the great films they've produced:

Syriana
Good Night, and Good Luck
North Country
Murderball

I have to admit that I'm a bit behind on my movies, but all of the above are on my "to see" list, and now that I know about the mission behind Participant Films I'm even more inclined to make sure I see as many as possible in the theater, rather than wait for DVD, to support them.

It looks like they've got some good ones coming down the pike, too. I'm particularly interested in seeing Fast Food Nation and Luna when they come out.



3 comments:

  1. The Washington Post did a feature about Participant Productions and Jeff rey Skoll on Jan 29th. Find it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! You're on the npo/ngo blogher blogroll if you want to add to the description of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact